The Riddler AKA "Count Of Connumdrums" baffeled Batman & Robin with his Riddles. As Batman said in episode #11 "A Riddle A Day Keeps The Riddler Away" means that as soon as the Riddles have stopped coming his crime has finished. Maybe if he didn't leave clues for our heroes he may have got away with most of his crimes, but who knows! Above all else the best thing about crime is out-witting the dynamic duo.
Date of Birth & Location : 5 April 1933 (USA).
Date of Death & Location : 17 May 2005 (USA).
"When I was first approached to play the Riddler, I thought it was a joke. Then, I discovered the show had a good script and agreed to do the role, but only on a show-to-show basis. Now I am in love with the character."
"I developed the Riddler's fiendish laugh at Hollywood parties. I listened to myself laugh and discovered that the funniest jokes brought out the high-pitched giggle I use on the show. With furthur study I came to realize that it wasn't so much how I laughed as what I laughed at that created a sense of menace."
In order of appearance:
- Abandoned subway toolroom
- The Rat Cave
- Kandle Lite Factory
- Bankrupt film studio
- Little used Gymnasium
Molls, thugs and accomplices
In order of appearance:
- Molly - The girl from the famous batusi dance
- The Molehill Mob
- Mousey - Disguises herself as a schoolgirl and is a member of the River Rats.
- The River Rats - Whitey, Whiskers and Fangs
- Moth - Moll
- Tallow and Matches - Thugs
- Pauline - A failed actress who turns to a life of crime
- The Siren - Super villianess played by Joan Collins.
Moth, Matches and Tallow pictured below with Riddler:
1. Frank Gorshin's Riddler did not appear at all in season two. This was because Frank Gorshin wanted higher wages for the second season as he felt he deserved so being the star of the first season (he was even nominated for a bafta award for comedy for the role as the Riddler). However, William Dozier denied his request for budget reasons and insisted that he liked Frank alot and wanted him to return as Riddler anyway. Throughout the second season the production team held off writing Riddler episodes in case Frank returned, even changing a storyline from the Riddler as villain to the Puzzler. But when it looked like Frank was not going to return, John Astin played as Riddler in the second season.
3. Riddler had two costumes. One was the suit with bowler hat, the other pictured above.